Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Stole the love

I visualized this spectacular article about an endearing poem and thought I would pass it along.

The Most Famous Love Poem

Love poems have been written for centuries to inspire lovers and create romance. When you give your special someone a love poem, you can express your feelings through eloquent words in a memorable way. Many famous love poems are written by classical poets, such as Lord Byron, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and Shakespeare. But a famous love poem by a modern poet may appeal to a younger person who likes a less formal tone.

The poet e.e. cummings wrote what is probably the most famous love poem currently.
It has been featured in other books and movies, used as inspiration for other writers.


i carry your heart with me
by e. e. cummingsi

carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it (anywherei go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the budand the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars aparti carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

The poet e.e. cummings is quite a unique writer in that he used new methods of creating mood and setting the words to paper. He explored the use of white space on the page and made the words' appearance just as important as their sound when the poem was read aloud.
This poem is a perfect example of his use of parentheses and unusual stanza variation. He found a wonderful way of expressing very abstract ideas with some concrete grammatical forms. Use this poem to express to your loved one just how much they mean to you.
Visit to find out more about famous love poems.
Source: ArticlesBase.com

I will correct spacing and add comment shortly.

No comments: