Thursday, April 19, 2007

Police Brutality


I've read the gulag archipelago and thought the horrendous brutality could only occur in a police state under the dictatorship of communism. I have also seen videos of American brutality. Neither of the events ever occurred to me yet I believe I have a firm foundation of knowledge of the facts.


It has been stated that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yet what can be done about it? I have no solution. Yet I do have an idea. WHERE DOES THE POLICE GET THEIR POWER? Seriously think about it. Don't just accept my words as truth, verify that they are true. WHERE DOES THE POLICE FORCE GET THEIR POWER? FROM THE PEOPLE!!


The police at where I live and what I see on the Internet make me despite there brutal acts of violence against innocent people. For example there was a man that had done nothing wrong and I forget the details but the police tazered this 70+ old man in his own house because he wouldn't open his door completely.


Then their are the cops that are suing a 80+ woman for beating them up with her CANE! I am not joking this is a true story. I need to get the full article for you. Of course when you hear her side of the story she says it was totally different. The cops busted into her house because of a domestic dispute and when they attacked her husband she responded with a cane. o yeah and I think they tazered her back too.


Also Tazers have been outlawed in my county. How can they do that? The second amendment gives the right to bear arms. From wikipedia -- In modern usage, "arms" is often considered synonymous with "firearms". Historically, however, "arms" has referred to a variety of weapons and armor. In the 1181 Assize of Arms, this definition included the lance. In the 1872 Texas case "English v. State", the state Supreme Court found that "arms" would include the bayonet and sabre. Therefore how could my rights be infringed on? How can they make a law that is blatantly unconstitutional? Didn't New york try that once? I think it was New York, it was some major city at least. Take away the guns and you take away the right of respectable citizens, who respect the law, to defeat themselves. You never can take away guns from criminals, they will steal them, remember by definition they break the law? Okay I've gone off topic so lets get back on.


Then we have wiretapping. I mean I agree that suspected terrorists should be put under surveillance so I'm not sure exactly where I stand, but privacy has a major role in public life and it should stay that way.


There is so much to think about and I could write a lot about this. RFID technology (that gets scary once you really know a lot)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHyuWgir8U&mode=related&search=

No comments: